1 Peter 2:11-13
I. WE ARE TO SEPARATE FROM THE LUSTS OF THE WORLD.
1. The reason. V.11:
(1) We are pilgrims and strangers in this world.
(2) Fleshly lusts war against the soul.
2. The responsibility: V.12,
“Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles . . . they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.”
II. WE ARE TO SUBMIT TO THE LAWS OF THE WORLD.
V.13,14 Romans 13:1ff; I Timothy 2:1ff
III. WE ARE TO SILENCE THE LIES OF THE WORLD.
V.15. “For so is the will of God that with well doing ye may put to silence (muzzle) the ignorance of foolish men.”
1. For the Lord’s sake. vs. 13
2. It’s the will of God. v. 15
©Ron Dunn, LifeStyle Ministries, 2001