Ephesians 6:10, Revelation 21:11
(1) The Devil Opposes “Satan”–Adversary
(2) The Devil Deceives
a. By Contradicting the Truth
b. By Counterfeiting the Truth
c. By Concealing the Truth
(3) Satan Accuses: “The accuser of the brethren…”
a. Accuses us to God
b. Accuses us to Man
c. Accuses us to Ourselves
THERE ARE THREE ELEMENTS OF VICTORY OVER THE DEVIL IN THE TEXT:
I. WE OVERCOME THROUGH THE DEATH OF THE LAMB
1. This is the ground of our victory. This is the fountain from which flows all victory. I John3:8; Hebrews 2:14; Col 2:14,15,16.
2. The Devil knows his time is short. He knows better than we that he is a defeated enemy.
THE DEVIL IS BLUFFING
(1) The blood gives me access to God.
(2) The blood frees me of accusation because it cleanses me from all sin and covers all sin from the eye of God.
(3) Romans 3:25: “Through faith in his blood…”
II. WE OVERCOME BY THE DECLARATION OF OUR LIPS
The blood is the ground; but the only way that blood can be applied that victory is made real and experiential is BY THE TESTIMONY… the WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY.
This is TESTIFYING:
1. To the Power of the Blood.
2. To our Belief in His Word.
3. To our Refuge in the Blood.
This is CONFESSING, the appropriation of faith, the truth of the power of the blood.
1. A Testimony to God.
2. A Testimony to Satan.
3. A Testimony to Myself.
SATAN IS A LIAR, DEFEATS US THROUGH HIS LIES– only the truth of the word can counteract Satan’s lies.
III. WE OVERCOME BY THE DEVOTION OF OUR LIVES
“THEY COURTED DEATH WITH THEIR LIVES.”
How does this give us victory: James 4:7
“Submit to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
But first, SUBMIT TO GOD…All the resources of God come to my aid.
©Ron Dunn, LifeStyle Ministries, 2003